- This event has passed.
Decision-making for Racial Equity
December 13, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Decision-making for Racial Equity (DRE) training provides a framework that seeks to disrupt dominant forms of decision-making that perpetuate racial bias. Through the use of Race Forward’s Racial Equity Decision-Making Tool (“RED Tool”), participants will engage and be guided through building an organization-wide racial equity decision-making practice and culture that centers Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian American, Native Hawaaian, and Pacific Islander staff and communities.
Participants are asked to attend with other colleagues from their organization to practice working on an actual “choice point” from their real work. A choice point is a specific decision (e.g. program planning, hiring, budgeting, event planning, service delivery, grant-making, etc.) — generally a routine aspect of your core work where applying a racial equity framework could change actions and outcomes.
1. Learn and identify ways that dominant practices and patterns of power and decision-making can perpetuate systemic racism, whether intentional or not
2. Learn an alternative decision-making framework that centers Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian American, Native Hawaaian and Pacific Islander communities and racial equity
3. Learn how to use the Racial Equity Decision-Making Tool (“RED Tool”)
4. Identify a Choice Point and practice using the RED Tool
5. Develop some next steps for applying the RED Tool to everyday work
Purchase tickets here.